Frequently asked questions DF™ TopList Pro/Lite
- Why is the time in toplist incorrect although the time zone in "TopList Settings" is set correctly?
- How is configured the time of reset in the toplist?
- How is the time of hits rotation set with no resets mode?
- How to set a minimum number of sites shown in toplist?
- Why a site with no IN-s is shown in the toplist although minimum of IN-s is set in "TopList Settings"->"Minimum In"?
- I changed the member's IN RATIO in 2.00 instead of 1.00, but IN-s didn't multiply in 2. Why?
- Which files should be copied when moving the top list? How the moving goes on?
- Will the backup/restore work if tar is not installed on the server?
- Traffic is not going on in.cgi;
- If the option for work with cron in TopList Settings is marked - then unmark it;
- Wrong rerank time settings, the toplist will be refreshing in the period of time, configured in "TopList Settings"->"Rerank Time";
- There was a reset not long time ago and a period of delay after reset (Holding Time) is not yet over.
You should delete "TopList Settings"->"Default Banner URL" in toplist settings.
It cannot be restored. You can only make a new one. You have to delete a file on the disk cgi-bin/data/admin.pwd. If a network password is used you should also delete .htaccess in cgi-bin. If the file .htaccess contains the settings you need then delete the lines:
Now you can enter the admin zone and enter a new password. This password will be stored and will be used in the following entering admin. If you want to use a network (.htaccess) password, use "Change Authorisation Type for Administrative Login"->"Use .htaccess to login" in setup.cgi.
Time in top list is going relevantly to Greenwich (GMT) and is automatically changed to winter or summer time. It can be incorrect only if the server's GMT is incorrectly configured. Time in toplist is not changing when the script is moving to another server if both servers' GMT is configured properly. You can download Perl Informer script to see the server's GMT. The correct GMT you can see on timeanddate.com. If server GMT is incorrect - ask the admin to correct it. You can also use another way - try to match it, changing "Time Zone" in "TopList Settings", but it can cause some problems in the top list's statistics because of changing time
- The configuring of time of reset has two settings:
- An interval in seconds between resets is set. It is set in "TopList Settings"->"Reset Time/Ranking Time".
- The time and the date of the following reset are set in "TopList Settings"->"Change Reset Time". During a custom reset of the toplist by the admin, the time of the following reset is changed.
The interval of the toplist' s statistics rotation is set in "TopList Settings"->"Reset Time/Ranking Time". The rate of the toplist is made using this information.
It is set in "TopList Settings"->"Minimum Sites". Nule number is not recommended if you work with counting of IN-s after clicking the site in the rate list.
Minimum sites is shown in the toplist "TopList Settings"->"Minimum Sites". Sites that don't have enough minimum of IN-s are also shown to get the minimum sites. First, the sites that have more IN-s are shown, then the ones that have less, and the accounts with no IN-s are read from the disk randomly.
This ratio doesn't change current number of IN-s. Only those IN-s will be multiplied in 2 that will be counted after the change of the Ratio.
- You should make a full backup in admin.cgi->Backup then choose the file you need and press "download" button or download the backup file from ftp: cgi-bin/data/backup/mybackup.tar.gz (cgi-bin/data/backup/mybackup.tar). All the pictures available in the design of the toplist are also need to be downloaded.
- You should also know the OS (operational system) that will be used on the new place. If the OS is the same as the old one, you can just copy cgi-bin folder to a new server, register, check the paths and settings and keep on working. If the OS-s differ, you should download the distributive you need from dfservice.com and install the toplist. You should consider the versions of the toplist: backup's of different versions can be not compatible. After the toplist installation you should upload mybackup.tar.gz (mybackup.tar) in cgi-bin/data/backup and restore the toplist (admin.cgi->Restore).
Yes, it will work. Tar is not necessary for the work of backup.